Certified Recognition Professional® Courses
Current Recognition Professionals International® membership required
All effective recognition programs are dynamic cycles of assessment, strategy, implementation, and review. While this cycle is easy to define, it's difficult to execute well. Recognition Professionals International® (RPI) developed the Certified Recognition Professional® (CRP) program and curriculum to guide participants through this Best Practice process and produce measurable benefits for their organizations.
A vital part of any professional's growth and development is access to an educational environment that offers the appropriate knowledge and skill set. RPI has established performance standards and criteria for our emerging profession that produce bottom line results. With these outcomes in mind, it is our intent to provide our members the educational opportunities and training necessary to achieve next level excellence and expertise.
Responding to employer needs and industry trends, RPI has developed the Certified Recognition Professional®, CRP curriculum. To earn a CRP designation candidates will complete four facilitator-led courses and pass the required testing. The RPI Certified Recognition Professional program sets the standard for assessment of an individuals' abilities and provides a means for Recognition Professionals to acquire the needed skills and knowledge in order to excel.
Candidates enrolled in the RPI Certified Recognition Professional, CRP certification program will apply sound adult learning principles to ensure transfer and retention of learning. Coursework is designed to convey the essence of RPI's seven Best Practice Standards with practical applications that provide a knowledge base for continual organizational improvement.
Course titles are as follows:
- Structuring Recognition Systems for Success – CRP I
- Strategic Planning & Measurement – CRP II*
- Recognition Management & Maintenance – CRP III*
- Applying Recognition Systems – CRP IV*
*Prerequisite course: Structuring Recognition Programs for Success
Program goals include:
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in employee recognition.
- To encourage continuing education for professional development.
- To encourage self-development by offering guidelines for achievement in the employee recognition profession.
- To identify and award special recognition to those persons who have demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of those principles and practices of employee recognition and also laws governing and affecting employee recognition.
Read Employee Benefit News article regarding CRP:
New certification program trains recognition professionals
By Lynn Gresham, Employee Benefit News